New tag and also... INDIA!

NEW TAG: Drunken musings... just cuz.....

So, I've long had a fascination with India.  Okay, maybe not so long.  My lifelong yearnings have been toward the likes of Greece, Italy, and England, however..

Over the last decade or so, I've wanted to visit India.  Really, most of Asia.  Japan, China, Korea.  I know on an inherent level none of these regions apply to me in any sort of way, but this is why I really want to go.  I'm not sure why, but I feel a substantial exploration of these regions will help me in certain types of ways... plus also.. I just wanna go.  (DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a geography buff, so if any of this doesn't jibe, just freakin' read it and move on please and thank you.)

As I sit here, still with headphones on my head even though I'm not listening to anything, half of my words being backspaced to hell because I'm just drunk enough to not be able to type properly, and not drunk enough to give a damn, I realize something.  I.  AM.  NOT.  DONE.  HERE.

Many of you will have no idea what I'm talking about, and some of you may have a small inkling.  I guarantee none of you know everything.  Regardless.  To everyone, life is short, and you must always make of it what you can.  Do what you love, and excel where you're adept.  Try for the things you're NOT adept if you want to do them, and then when you fail....stop trying, and DO.

Now, on to more important things.

I sit here in my technology based existence, ironically writing to you about the blah of such.  Our lives are so involved in being connected on every level now, that when there's a hurricane, we think we're in the dark ages again because we have to text someone that we're safe.  Of course, I don't see anything wrong with this at all.. to a certain extent.  While I've been an online presence for many years, and it's been amazing, heartbreaking, yet still beneficial,  I've also been a 100% proponent of being THERE.  I'm talking REAL LIFE.  There's something to be said for being OFFLINE and UNAVAILABLE... in every sense of the word.  I think this is one of the things that draws me to places I can't be reached;; At least as far as YOU know. :P

If any of you have ever been around long enough to have caught my early artwork, you'll know that I love color.  You can look at my wardrobe all day long and never get that, but down deep I need BRIGHT.  There's nothing as bright as the Indian celebration of Holi.   This celebration of color, love, life, renewal, just speaks to me in ways I can't even describe.  So much so that when my Mini-me found the local Color Run, I wanted to go and take part... even though I can't run.  Just douse me in color as I gleefully TAG runners Rawkette's signature Skank Pank.

Anyway, I've gotten way too verbose and the vast majority of you have stopped reading, so it's a good time to make my point.

I want to go to India.  I want to go to Japan and China.  I want to go to parts of Korea where I won't be shot.  I want to go to lots of places.  I want to see.  IT.  ALL.  I want to taste it all.  Feel it all.  Hot, sweaty, freezing, dirty, it doesn't matter.  I want to hear the Mexican songs at an out of the way cantina in Mexico.  I don't care!

At the end of the day, even if I get to do none of these things, I can tell you that I have lived.  I love my family.  I love my husband.  I love my life, even when it can be really challenging.  If I can't go to these places, I always have my imagination, Google, Youtube, and Travel Channel.

And that's where we define the common denominator of our races.  Everyone wants to experience what they don't have.  There's someone, somewhere, wanting to know what it feels like to refuse to match up  their husband's socks.  There's some lady in some place wanting desperately to watch a youtube video of "how to handle THAT asshat that cheated on her".  

And that, my friends, is where the cultural divide meets. WE all basically want the same thing.  "Just a little bit more."

Have an amazing Hala, or whatever you celebrate.  Never stop dreaming, imagining, and discovering.  Namaste and stuff.  And it's getting awkward now.  Good night, and sweet dreams, my friends and family.

Always Contrary,
Samantha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Crap! Zanne, You're So Lazy!

A Long Time Ago, In A Land Far, Far Away...

Fall is here, yay!