Holy Crap! Zanne, You're So Lazy!

Wow!  Has it really been almost a year since my last post?  See, this is why I said I wouldn't start a blog.  I never keep up with it.  I get caught up in the day to day and upcoming tasks at hand and skip over the TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT IT part. 

So, just to catch you guys up.  As most of you know, I'm a texture creator.  I used to create things and buildings with normal prims and use my textures to make them awesome!  Since the advent of mesh, I was sort of left behind, lol.  A lot of the stuff I was working on and selling was full perm mesh with my own unique textures. 

I'd NEVER take anything away from folks that use FP mesh items for their own and texture them in their own ways.  There are some amazing freakin' creative folks out there that do wonderful things with FP mesh.  However, it was always a thorn in my side that what I was selling (even if it was legit and had my own creative spin on it) wasn't really MY OWN.  I wanted to learn how to make mesh so bad, but had only my wonderful husband to teach me.  Unfortunately, just as is my own problem, teaching is NOT his strong suit.  At least not with me. 

Finally though, my lovely store manager, AKA Assistant Oddball Raeven, found this Blender class in SL and sent me a notecard with the schedule.  I didn't have much hope for it since all the youtube tutorials and yardstick spankings from my husband had done nothing to teach me anything more than rezzing a cube.  I went anyway.  What can I lose, right?

So, I went.  My lovely AO went with me to make sure I actually showed up and stayed, so I was stuck.  Obediently, like I so always am (...ahem), I payed attention and followed along, and at the end of the day I said....

WTF.  I don't wanna fuck with this monkey, and I don't wanna model animals or people or anything but static objects that can't talk back to me.  This is BS.  I quit. 

But I didn't.  I hung in there.  It's been... oh gosh I don't know...  a long time now.  Still in the class, still paying attention, and believe or not...

I'M REALLY ACTUALLY LEARNING!  *swoons, faints, and DIES*

The class is taught with the Blender Benders group in SL.  The layout is such that it's not boring.  It's step by step, and taught in such a way that even I get it.  This is saying a lot.  I'm not one that can sit through class after class and talk about theory without DOING something.  This class satisfies that. 

I'm sorry I've posted this so late since a new series of classes are starting VERY soon.  I'm on week 33, but new from the very basic "I dont' know SHIT about Blender" classes are beginning on September 17.  Mondays at 1 am slt, Fridays at 2 am slt, and Sundays at 12 noon slt.  They also offer classes for Photoshop, Gimp, animations and Marvelous Designer, as well as extracurriculars, though I've never been to any of those.  I'm working on that, lol.

The teachers are well versed in their respective fields and very helpful.  It's solely because of this course that I've been able to begin rolling out 100% original mesh items over the last almost year, and folks tell me I'm getting better every day.  I dunno, I just do what I do, lol.  I enjoy it, love it and it's opened up building in SL to me once again.  This is something that is priceless to me and I'm thankful beyond words for this class and the lovely teachers and group members that are always willing to help out.  Thank you SO much too, to my wonderfully talented manager Raeven, for giving me a heads up on this.  You're beautiful, babe! 

For anyone interested in learning Blender (which is a FREE program, btw), you HAVE to check this course out.  It's really amazing, and they're not even paying me to say that, lol.  It's a completely FREE course to take (though tips are appreciated).  If you have any questions about it, feel free to IM me inworld or leave a comment here.  Zanne Boucher, inworld.  Or search the Blender Benders group and join in and ask. 

Hopefully I'll be posting more in the future, though I can't promise it will all be Z.O.E. related, lol.  The holidays are coming up, and let's be honest... there's a LOT of funny shit that happens that I just have to share, haha. 

Take care all, and thank you for reading!

~Zanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Time Ago, In A Land Far, Far Away...

Fall is here, yay!